Tuesday 31 August 2010

QLTT

Hmm is it frowned upon in blawging society to post twice in the same day? Well it should be. I thought that I would attempt to be topical in a post moderny sense.

I applied last week for the QLTT eligibility thing. I very much regret that decision. DO I really want to be a scumbag solicitor? I hate every solicitor that I have ever spoken to. Most are completely incompetent (ooh I hope that my identity never gets revealed). I am sure that most barristers privately share my views. The only reason that I did it was that it would be nice to have a title incase I don't make it as a barrister. Then I can be better positioned to apply for other jobs (i'm not sure what) because it is a title innit. However, a thought struck me today. I do have a title. Barrister. Hellooooo. I am sure it will be confusing to employers. Yes I believe we can call ourselves barristers on cv's for non legal jobs.

So I am thinking about cancelling my application. Has anybody else sent in their application? £400? plus £100 to renew my membership to the Bar Council. I am starting to think that this pursuit of a legal career is a massive pyramid scheme. Hidden charges att every corner (I know it was not exactly hidden, but I didn't think that the SRA would make this change so soon).

1 comment:

Android said...

Don't be stupid... DO NOT CANCEL YOUR QLTT APPLICATION!!!!!!! Please...

By the way, even if you cross quaify, you won't lose your barrister title. Which means that you could have TWO titles (= awesome x2). Plus, you can always 'transfer' back.

Sorry, but your comment about the solicitors is misinformed and immature. There are probably as many incompetent solicitors as there are barristers.

In any event, it should all come down to being able to practise law... unless you're in it for a wig and a fancy title!